HOW TO USE OCTOBER’S GIFTS WITH PURCHASE
Fall is here, and we’re so excited for all the cool-weather activities and to make the most of this season with our loved ones. Celebrate togetherness with this month’s gift! Gathering with your favorite people becomes even sweeter with your favorite Young Living products on hand (and your wellness habits in full swing!). Patchouli, Cinnamon Bark, Clove, and Nutmeg will be the stars of your favorite diffuser blends. Spiced Turmeric Herbal Tea will be a great start to your morning, and when it’s time to wind down, let the evening melt away with ImmuPro chewable tablets.
Cinnamon Bark (190PV)Cinnamon Bark is a staple autumn scent! Diffuse this oil with Nutmeg, Clove, Ginger Cardamom, Tangerine, Vanilla, Thieves or a tree oil for a warm, welcoming aroma!
- Autumn Breeze: 3 drops Orange, 3 drops Cinnamon Bark, 2 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce, 1 drop Clove, 1 drop Nutmeg
- Coffee Shop: 4 drops Stress Away, 3 drops Cinnamon Bark, 2 drops Tangerine
- Pumpkin Spice: 3 drops Clove, 3 drops Cinnamon Bark, 2 drops Orange, 2 drops Nutmeg, 1 drop Ginger
Whip up a simple, festive room spray – To 2 oz glass spray bottle add 10 drops each Cinnamon Bark / Vanilla, a splash of witch hazel, filtered water.
Drop Cinnamon Bark oil onto pinecones, garlands and other seasonal decor to create a simple passive diffuser.
Add a couple drops of Cinnamon Bark to your favorite perfume roller for a warm, spicy undertone:
- Joy, Tangerine + Cinnamon Bark
- Jasmine, Neroli, Stress Away + Cinnamon Bark
- Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Tangerine + Cinnamon Bark
Make a Daily Wellness Roller:
- 10mL roller bottle
- 10 drops each: Cinnamon Bark, Oregano, Clove, Frankincense, Lemon, and RC or Raven
- Fill with carrier oil of choice
- Roll over the spine and lymph nodes morning and evening
Use Cinnamon Bark for emotional support!Cinnamon Bark is a wonderful tool for when you feel easily annoyed or when you feel the need to act a part or fake something. Often we suppress or play a role in new situations, during holiday times and/or around family. It’s not a coincidence that the fall and winter months have us gravitating towards warm aromas like Cinnamon Bark! You can use this oil to help you move out of a fake role and more into the true version of you. Simply sit in a quiet place, add a drop of Cinnamon Bark to your palms, rub in well, then cup your hands over your nose and breathe deeply. Repeat a positive affirmation, a personal truth or scripture. Sit and breathe until you feel something shift. You can repeat this process as often as necessary! For more on this fall staple, check out the Cinnamon Bark Spotlight – being posted tomorrow morning!
Clove (190PV) Add Clove to your Daily Wellness Roller! Clove essential oil is an antioxidant powerhouse!! Clove has an ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) value of 1,078,700 µTE/100g, meaning it provides your body with a large supply of antioxidants to support health and healing! (To give you an idea of what this means, oranges are rated at 750 µTE/100g, Kale is rated at 1770 µTE/100g.)Clove is a key ingredient in the Thieves blend because of its incredible immune support properties. Diffuse this perfect fall spice oil:
- Fall Festival: 3 drops Thieves, 3 drops Orange, 2 drops Clove, 3 drops Grapefruit
- Mulled Cider: 4 drops Christmas Spirit, 3 drops Clove, 3 drops Grapefruit
- Spiced Chai: 3 drops Vanilla, 2 drops Cardamom, 2 drops Cinnamon Bark, 2 drops Clove
- Autumn Forest: 3 drops Patchouli, 3 drops Bergamot, 3 drops Clove, 2 drops Pine
Give your muscles (and immune system) some TLC with a Clove & Epsom salt bath:Add 2 drops Clove to 1 cup Epsom salt and add to bath water (ideally let the water run into and over a cup containing the salts) for a relaxing soakDon’t want the full body experience? Cut the recipe in half and place the salts & warm water in a large bin for a simple, wonderful foot soak!Dilute and massage Clove onto tired muscles and feet for a lovely warming sensation that also gives your body some TLC.
Nutmeg (190PV Subscribe to Save)This oil is high in the constituents sabinene, alpha-pinene and beta-pinene, making it a wonderful option to support the digestive system, to protect the liver, to help maintain healthy circulation and to provide the adrenals with the support they need on a daily basis. Make a cozy linen spray! To an 8oz glass spray bottle add: 5 drops each Nutmeg / Clove, 10 drops Bergamot or Orange, 1 cup filtered water, Splash of witch hazel. Spray anywhere and everywhere! Cozy up your Thieves Cleaner with a Pumpkin Spice Scent!
Pumpkin Spice Thieves Cleaner
- 16oz glass spray bottle
- 1-2 capfuls Thieves Household Cleaner
- 10 drops each Orange, Cinnamon Bark essential oils
- 5 drops each Ginger, Clove, Nutmeg essential oils
- Fill with distilled water
Did someone say Stress? Nutmeg is your Stress Response oil! Make this Stress Recovery (aka Adrenal Love) Serum: 4oz glass dropper bottle, Castor oil, 25 drops Nutmeg, 20 drops Clove, 20 drops Frankincense, 20 drops Rosemary. Apply over the lower back every morning and before bed each evening!Diffuse this fall spice oil frequently for a little pick me up:
- Adrenal Love: 3 drops Nutmeg, 3 drops Frankincense, 3 drops Clove, 3 drops Orange
- Pumpkin Spice: 4 drops Orange, 3 drops Cinnamon Bark, 2 drops Nutmeg, 1 drop Ginger
- Baking Pie: 4 drops Stress Away, 3 drops Cinnamon Bark, 2 drops Nutmeg
- Calm & Collected: 4 drops Lavender, 3 drops Nutmeg, 3 drops Frankincense
Patchouli (250PV) Use Patchouli as a natural alternative to conventional deodorant! Either apply directly, dilute with jojoba oil and apply (this 30mL roller bottle makes application easy) or apply after using apple cider vinegar to cleanse the area. Add Patchouli to your skincare routine – it’s great for winter skin. Make this ‘Happy Hippie’ Body Butter:
- ½ cup solid coconut oil (use refined for less coconut scent)
- ½ cup shea butter (use refined for less scent)
- 20 drops Patchouli essential oil
- 20 drops Tangerine essential oil
- 20 drops Sacred Mountain essential oil blend
- Whip coconut oil and shea butter with a handheld or stand mixer until light and fluffy, slowly mix in essential oils until combined. Store in a glass jar with an airtight lid.
Diffuse this grounding, woodsy oil for the welcoming aroma of a crisp Autumn walk! Patchouli pairs well with citrus, other tree oils, and Frankincense and is a great emotional tool for releasing worry.Diffuse during prayer, meditation or yoga. Diffuse with other calming oils at bedtime to unwind.
- Happy Hippie: 3 drops Patchouli, 2 drops Tangerine, 3 drops Sacred Mountain, 2 drops Lavender
- Autumn Forest: 4 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce, 3 drops Patchouli, 2 drops Frankincense
- Sleep Tight: 3 drops Lavender, 3 drops Frankincense, 3 drops Patchouli, 2 drops Valor
- Autumn Picnic: 3 drops Patchouli, 3 drops Tangerine, 1 drops Clove, 2 drops Idaho Blue Spruce, 2 drops Bergamot
- Worry Less: 3 drops Patchouli, 3 drops Bergamot, 3 drops Valor
Add Patchouli to your favorite roller blends for a woodsy aroma that calms & grounds:
- Tension Melter: Patchouli + Peppermint
- Glow Up: Patchouli, Frankincense, Blue Tansy (a skincare favorite)
- It’s a Vibe: Patchouli, Jasmine, Bergamot (a great perfume roller)
Make a cozy Autumn room spray with Patchouli and other tree oils:
- To a 2oz glass dropper bottle add:
- 15 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce
- 10 drops Patchouli
- 10 drops Tangerine (optional)
- 5 drops Cinnamon Bark
- A splash of witch hazel
- FIll with distilled water
ImmuPro (300PV) ImmuPro Chewable Tablets are one of the easiest ways to give your body a good boost! These tablets are packed full of immune-supporting herbs and essential oils that:Stimulate the immune system (both cell-mediated and humoral immunity!)Provide necessary minerals like Zinc, Copper, and SeleniumAllow the body to rest by providing a small amount of melatonin. When we are stressed our bodies need sleep even more to allow healing to occur. ImmuPro combines Reishi, miatake and Agaricus blazei organic mushrooms with NingXia Wolfberry polysaccharides and Orange essential oil to create an immune supporting supplement that is perfect for anyone 12 and older.Chew 1-2 ImmuPro tablets before bed to help your body rest and recover.Create a daily bedtime wellness routine: Make a mug of Spiced Turmeric Herbal Tea in your YL Foundation Mug. Draw a relaxing bath with 10 drops Patchouli + 5 drops Clove in 1 cup of Epsom salt. (Added bonus to burn your DIY beeswax candle and read something inspiring while you soak.)After your bath, apply diluted Nutmeg or the Stress Relief Serum over the adrenals.Roll your Wellness Blend over the spine and lymph nodes. Chew 1-2 ImmuPro tablets. Fire up your diffuser with Patchouli, Frankincense and Lavender. Apply your favorite sleep supporting oils and snooze away!
Spiced Turmeric Tea & YL Foundation Mug (400PV)Turmeric has some incredible health benefits, and the Spiced Turmeric Herbal Tea is a wonderful way to add these benefits to your daily routine!Spiced Turmeric Herbal Tea combines spices including ginger, turmeric, and chai masala with organic rooibos for a warm, inviting drink.Caffeine-free!Start your morning with a cozy cup of Spiced Turmeric Herbal Tea!
- Boil 8 oz. of water in your favorite teapot.
- Place 1-2 tea bags in your YL Foundation mug.
- Pour 8 oz. of near-boiling water over the tea bag(s) and steep covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag(s) and add Tangerine Vitality Oil if you wish
Create a super easy Golden Milk Latte!
- Make a mug of Spiced Herbal Tea as mentioned above.
- Warm your milk of choice in a small saucepan or an electric milk frother.
- Pour warmed/frothed milk into your tea and sprinkle with ground cinnamon (optional)
Want a cool, refreshing herbal tea for your mid-day meal? Try this recipe!
- Boil 4 cups of water in a large saucepan or kettle.
- Once boiling add 4-5 tea bags and let steep for up to 10 minutes.
- While the infusion is still warm, add sweetener if desired (raw honey is a great choice!)
- While the infusion is still warm (but not boiling!) add any Vitality oils if desired.
- Let the tea cool, then place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day remove it and enjoy a cup straight from the fridge or over ice!
- End your day with a wellness boost!
Enjoy a mug of Spiced Turmeric Tea before bedtime as you wind down for the evening.Complete the daily wellness ritual each evening to give your body some TLC and help keep you above the wellness line this season!Cozy up with a crowd!Make a large batch of this warm, spicy tea for your friends and family! Simply boil 8oz of water per mug (boil all in a large stock pot or kettle), then add the tea bags directly to your heating vessel and steep.Make it a special Autumn treat for your guests with warmed, frothed milk, a drop of Cinnamon or Orange Vitality, ground cinnamon on top and a dollop of raw honey.