It’s a very special oil blend from Young Living, circa 1994! Wow… that goes back a ways…
Oldie but goodie is simply an understatement when it comes to this blend.
Relieve It joined the Young Living family in 1994 which means it has been around as long as Young Living has been a household name.
It is an oil that comes and goes due to the Spruce that the oil contains. Young Living has promised to never harm the earth due to our harvesting of plants so we spread out the spruce that we use so if you own any of this oil know that you have a treasure in your hands.
Relieve It is an oil that wears many hats. In other countries it is labeled for respiratory relief. Relieve It can be used aromatically to reduce the symptoms of colds and cough. As well as a carminative (gas reliever) or to relieve gastric discomfort. It is also listed topically to help relieve joint or muscle pain associated with sprains, strains & rheumatoid arthritis.
In the US it is labeled as an oil that can provide a comforting, soothing sensation when applied topically.
Relieve It contains:
- Peppermint Essential Oil which is one of the most highly regarded herbs for supporting and soothing our entire body. It is a cooling oil great for use after any exertion. It can be used to stimulate or calm our minds depending on how we are created. It is also a key oil in the Raindrop Technique.
- Spruce Essential Oil (the unicorn) is grounding and emotionally releasing. It helps to balance the body and helps our hearts and mind open in order to receive and to give. This oil also dilates the bronchial trach which helps improve our oxygen exchange.
- Black Pepper Essential Oil is supportive of the digestive system and is useful topically for soothing muscle discomfort following exercise. It is a stimulant and supports the endocrine system. It is also known to increase energy.
- Hyssop Essential Oil is known for its purifying properties. Hyssop was used by Moses, in the bible, because of its full body supporting properties. It also has the ability to open up the respiratory system which allows for more oxygen flow which helps our body to release toxins and mucus build up.
Let me pause here and mention that Young Living oils that do not contain a carrier oil or are not cold pressed do not expire. They do not go rancid. They do not lose their value if they have been properly stored. If they do contain a carrier oil such as coconut oil then the life of the blend will be the life of that carrier which is approximately 1-2 years. If it is cold pressed then it will go rancid after opening and it will begin to evaporate even with the lid closed so use those up so you will never experience oil loss.
I apply it directly on my neck and shoulder and rub it down my back. I know that Gary had deep tissue pain in mind when he created this blend but I cannot help to also remember the deep understanding that Gary had for trapped emotions and the trauma that our bodies store. Since then I have been experiencing so many blocked emotions that I know I need to face. Many of those I didn’t even remember or maybe if I did I was not ready to address at that time. I cannot say that the pain that I initially was trying to resolve has left me, at times I believe it has even gotten worse but that just led me to dig into the “blue book” to figure out what was going on there.
The blue book (Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils) led me to find that the emotion Relieve It was linked to was trauma. The way out of that blocked emotion was growth. To accept growth and know that I was safe to grow. The alarm point (location of discomfort which will also lead to where to apply the oil) was the heart strings which are found just above the nipples to the inside of your chest. So now I not only apply Relieve It where I hurt but also across my chest while I pray that God will help me heal and move forward from the trauma that is locked in my body.
All unpleasant emotions are a result of a point of fear. Some of these emotions are brought up and easily released. Some emotions I didn’t even know I had because they were so deep and those are the ones I will have to revisit more often. Oftentimes the fear associated with an emotion is even greater than the incident itself.
Can you relate to that?
Remember that in any accident or negative incident, no matter how major or minor, there is an emotional component. Relieve It will help to release the emotional upset and connections resulting from events. Many of us recover from the physical much faster than the emotional. The emotional component is what keeps us blocked or in a state of fear. This oil addresses both.
This makes sense to me since this oil is used often by men and women that work as first responders. The trauma that they see day in and day out is held within their bodies and often they are unaware until those emotions and fears show up as physical and mental ailments much later in life.
Here are some statistics that show just how much stored trauma can change a person’s journey. This data is somewhat data but based on our current conditions in this world I believe these numbers must be higher now.
First Responder depression is real, with 13% suffering in some way.
26% display signs of PTSD and 25% are at high risk for suicide (figures by Professor Sarah Jones at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences)
37% of emergency medical service providers have contemplated suicide and 6.6% have made an actual attempt (figures by JEMS – the Journal of Emergency Medical Services) – nearly 10 times the rate of American civilians. Sixty-nine percent feel as if they have never had enough time to recover between traumatic events (Bentley et al., 2013)
Around 75% of police officers have reported experiencing a traumatic event but less than half of them told their agency about it (Fleischmann et al., 2016), while an estimated 125 and 300 police officers commit suicide every year (Badge of Life, 2016 – a police suicide prevention program)
If you have someone in your life that has or is experiencing trauma or overall unexplained pain I would jump at the opportunity to purchase this oil when given the chance. If that person is you then I will say this…get this oil…you deserve to live life to the fullest and with oils and prayer that is possible.
You do not think you have experienced trauma? Let me help you name it something else.
- Severe illness or injury
- Violent assault
- Sexual assault
- Traumatic loss
- Mugging or robbery
- Being a victim of or witness to violence
- Witnessing a terrorist attack
- Witnessing or experiencing a natural disaster
- Road accident
- Military combat incident
- Psychiatric hospitalisation
- Medical trauma
- Post suicide attempt trauma
- Life threatening illness or diagnosis
- Sibling abuse
- Loss of life plan due to things out of your control
- Great financial loss
- Childhood emotional abuse
- Domestic violence
- Emotional neglect and attachment trauma
- Verbal abuse
- Domestic physical abuse
- Long term misdiagnosis of a health problem
- Bullying at home at school or in a work setting
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Physical neglect
- Forcible removal from a family or community
- Loss of a loved one (not traumatic bereavement)