OIL SPOTLIGHT: WINTER NIGHTS
- Has a fresh, woodsy aroma
- Creates an uplifting, relaxing, serene environment
- Invites the peaceful feeling of cozy winter nights into your home
- A wonderful addition to DIYs
- Can be used with massage for a relaxing, invigorating experience
- Contains Northern Lights Black Spruce
Winter Nights essential oil blend is THE oil for the winter season! Not only is the aroma crisp and cool and comforting, this blend contains both Cedarwood and Northern Lights Black Spruce – both of which are ‘tree’ oils. Tree oils are a favorite this time of year for good reason. They are calming and grounding for the emotions, they have immune support properties, and they can help support the body’s natural response to pain and inflammation. Add in the muscle and joint support of Peppermint and the bright, happy aroma of Orange, and this blend definitely sounds like something we want to keep on and around our bodies this time of year!
Young Living’s exclusive Winter Nights essential oil blend features Northern Lights Black Spruce essential oil, produced exclusively at the Northern Lights Farm and Distillery in British Columbia, Canada. Established in 2014, this farm remains a pristine landscape to grow and harvest the botanical for one of Young Living’s most-beloved essential oils. Orange, produced at the Amanzi Amahle Cooperative Farm in South Africa, and Peppermint, produced at the Labbeemint Partner Distillery in Washington, USA, join to add some brightness and effervescence to the Winter Nights blend and to elevate the forest-ey notes of Black Spruce and Cedarwood.
Constituents are naturally occurring compounds in plants (and therefore essential oils) that give them sprecic health-supporting properties
- Limonene: known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-stress support, this is a powerful constituent with many health benefits.
- Alpha-pinene and beta-pinene: a powerful antioxidant, some studies have shown these constituents to support the body through inflammation and to help calm the mind
- Bornyl acetate: may help calm and focus the mind
WINTER NIGHTS & EMOTIONS
According to Ayurveda, the ancient Indian medical tradition, our health is a holistic balance of mind, body, and spirit, with each person having a dominant energy type, or dosha. During the winter months we are more inclined to rest and hibernate, which can often lead to the winter blues. Winter is the season of kapha, the dosha marked by a certain heaviness, a tendency toward mental fog, and sometimes weight gain. However, we can work with the body and energy type can help lift the lethargy of winter. Oils can help us sit in this seasonal shift without lowering our emotional energy!Create an application ritual with Winter Nights and any other oils you choose to add. This ritual is a reminder to not hold on to destructive feelings, which can happen when there’s too much kapha.
- Gently rub the skin between your toes to create warmth in the area. Massage in four to five drops of your chosen oil, spending about three to five seconds between each toe.
- With the oil still on your fingers and palms, massage the bottoms of your feet, spending thirty seconds on each one.
- Move up to your wrists and gently massage the area with your thumb; spend ten to fifteen seconds on each wrist.
- Next, move to the ears; use your fingers to massage the area behind your ears in circles for fifteen seconds.
- Floating up to the forehead, massage your temples with your forefingers in circles for ten seconds.
- Finally, cup your palms over your nose and mouth and take five deep inhales.
WINTER EMOTIONS + YOGA
Yoga can have a profound impact on improving energy levels, especially during the winter months. Begin your day with a sun salutation to capitalize on the energy of the sun. Focus on asanas to invigorate a healthy kapha.
- Choose a diffuser blend below, and set it near your mat.
- Apply oils to the crown of the head (it won’t make your hair greasy if you don’t rub it in, just drop it!), wrists and heart.
- Breathe deeply, repeat a positive mantra or focus on a word or intention you want to manifest.
DAILY HABITS WITH WINTER NIGHTS:
- Use Winter Nights in the emotional ritual above and during yoga to help with the winter blues.
- Make this ‘Winter Blues’ Roller: 10mL roller bottle, 15 drops Winter Nights, 10 drops Grapefruit, 5 drops Neroli, 5 drops Frankincense, Fill with carrier of choice
- Add a few drops of Winter Nights to yarn-wrapped pine cones for a scented fire starter.
- Apply it to your neck or wrists to create a soft, sweet personal fragrance. Use Winter Nights alone or pair it with Vanilla, Lavender, Grapefruit or Bergamot.
- Use it in conjunction with Winter Nights Foaming Hand Soap and Lotion to fill your home and leave your skin smelling amazing with its cool, comforting aroma.
- Add it to Young Living’s Car Vent Diffuser or use it in a car diffuser to leave your car smelling as fresh as the crisp midnight winter air. No diffuser? Add drops of Winter Nights to cotton rounds or small cloths and place beneath the seats. Refresh the drops as needed!
- Take a relaxing bath before bed. Add 10 drops each Winter Nights + Vanilla + Lavender to 1 cup epsom salt and place under warm running water.
- Make a simple massage oil and give tired legs and feet some TLC: ¼ cup V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex or other carrier oil, 30 drops Winter Nights, 20 drops Lavender, Optional: a few pumps Relaxation Massage Oil
- Add Winter Nights to your Young Living bath and body products for a crisp, comforting experience.
- Whip up a simple room spray: 2oz glass spray bottle, 30 drops Winter Nights, Splash witch hazel, Fill with filtered water
Diffusing is a wonderful health habit! We have our diffuser going almost 24/7 and love to choose blends that are supportive of individual needs or systems. Try some of these great combinations and enjoy the crisp, cool and comforting scent of Winter Nights!
- Cozy Fireside: 6 drops Winter Nights + 5 drops Vanilla
- Brisk Walk: 5 drops Winter Nights + 3 drops Lemon + 3 drops Bergamot
- Sun Salutation: 4 drops Winter Nights + 3 drops Ylang ylang + 3 drops Lemon
- Date Night: 5 drops Winter Nights + 3 drops Idaho Blue Spruce + 3 drops Ylang Ylang
- Feeling Fresh: 6 drops Winter Nights + 3 drops Eucalyptus Radiata + 3 drops Lemon
- Winter Nap: 5 drops Lavender + 4 drops Winter Nights + 2 drops Vetiver
If you are not yet a Young Living customer and are ready to get started – you can create an account with the purchase of a single item. That said – I’m going to want to chat with you before you do that and help you grab a few things. So, let’s chat!